Care & Service Coordinators
Care coordination enables individuals to access services and benefits that ensures their independence and enhances their quality of life.
Age Well's Care & Service Coordinators provide the following services for individuals and caregivers:
• Assistance with applications for 3SquaresVT, Medicaid, Fuel Assistance, pharmacy programs, SSI, Medicare, supplemental insurance, housing options and other benefit programs
• Assessments for in-home care services, durable medical equipment, home modifications, adaptive equipment, and Meals on Wheels
• Referrals for nutritional assessments, depression or grief counseling, and volunteers/Senior Companions for friendly visits
• Options for long-term care services in their homes and elsewhere
• Help with completing healthcare and financial powers of attorney documents
• Information about support groups, caregiver training programs, and respite services in the community
• Access to Options Counselors to explore alternatives for care and eligibility criteria for long-term care
• Support with making decisions about the care needed to help family members in-home and residential settings
Care & Service Coordinators maintain regular contact with individuals to monitor services and assess for additional needs. They have established effective, collaborative partnerships with community organizations, providers, and state agencies to better serve the needs of seniors. As important decisions or changes arise, we connect you with the necessary resources to make informed decisions.
Whether you are a family member or professional, we will create a cohesive support system, administering the best care possible while keeping the client at home, where they want to be.
“It’s people like [our Care & Service Coordinator] that help us, as a family, cope with the changes and decisions that have to be made for our loved ones. She’s like a dear friend coming to sit at the table and help us through the steps. I wouldn’t have known where to turn without her.” – Brenda