Navigating daily medications, together.
Age Well is Vermont’s largest provider of services to the aging population. We are committed to helping people safely lead the lives they choose as they age. As part of that mission, we offer HomeMeds, an in-home medication management tool; this program identifies risks and ensures that current medications are being appropriately taken and updated.
5 easy steps to safer medication routines:
- Age Well's transition team conducts a risk screening to identify potential errors and medication-related problems.
- Any potential medication risks or identified problems alert the Care & Service Coordinator to notify Age Well's designated pharmacist.
- The pharmacist reviews and develops an action plan of recommendations to address the identified alerts.
- The pharmacist advises the client or caregiver and the Care & Service Coordinator of the medication concerns so that they can be discussed with the physician.
- Physicians are able to review all compiled data and update the client’s treatment regime if an issue is revealed.
All alerts, physician responses and medication changes are recorded to keep a detailed medication record.
Medication related problems and errors are...
Serious: They cause approximately 7000 deaths per year in the US.
Costly: Annual cost of drug-related illness and death exceeds $170 billion.
Common: Up to 48% of community-dwelling elders have medication-related problems.
Preventable: At least 25% of all medication-related accidents and health problems are preventable. If you have patients or loved ones who may benefit from this service, please contact the Helpline at 1-800-642-5119 to learn more.