Age Well is excited to offer, at no charge to you, the coach’s training for volunteers interested in becoming a Matter of Balance volunteer coach.
All coaches teach in teams of two, and you will be certified as an in-person and a virtual coach by completing all 12 hours of training.
All we ask in return for the training is that you hold two 6-week sessions for individuals 60 years and older in the year following your certification, collect necessary forms and data and submit them back to Age Well.
What is a Matter of Balance Coach?
A Coach co-leads the Matter of Balance class sessions with another Coach. Two Coaches are required to teach the class to participants.
What qualities and experience are necessary to become a Coach?
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with virtual training platforms such as Zoom
- Willingness to lead a small group
- Interest in working with older adults
- Life experiences are valued, with education or healthcare experience a plus
- Ability to perform a range of motion and low-level endurance exercises
- Ability to carry up to 20 pounds (for in-person classes only)
How do you become a Coach?
- Attend twelve hours of virtual Coach training taught by the Master Trainer(s) and earn A Matter of Balance Coach Certification (for both in-person and virtual teaching)
- Attend 2.5 hours of Coach training updates annually
- Agree to coach two Matter of Balance classes within one year of certification
Dates & Times for all of the Trainings:
- April 6th, 12:30 pm – 4:30 pm
- April 8th 12:30 pm – 4:30 pm
- April 13th 12:30 pm – 4:30 pm
If you are interested in signing up for the Session, which begins April 6th. Please send me an email at [email protected], and she will add you to the list and forward you the materials needed for the class.