Ready to March? Join Age Well's 2017 March for Meals
Are you ready to March for Meals? Help us fight the three biggest threats facing our aging population: hunger, isolation and loss of independence. The statistics regarding Vermont seniors are startling:
● 42,112 are living in or near poverty
● 39,866 are isolated, living alone
●20,356 are threatened by hunger
Throughout the month of March, hundreds of Meals on Wheels programs across the country reach out to their communities to establish a network of support that will enable them to serve America’s seniors all year long. As the largest Meals on Wheels provider in Vermont, Age Well oversees more than 60 routes, serving over 225,000 meals each year. A volunteer staff of 350 drivers deliver meals to seniors every day of the week.
Your help is more critical now than ever before. Not only are we are experiencing a significant increase in the number of individuals who need our services, but we are also facing uncertainty in receiving Federal and State funding. To avoid waitlists and to ensure that aging Vermonters maintain their independence and health, we ask for your support in helping to take care of those who once took care of us.
Ways you can help:
1. Share – Let family, friends and colleagues know about Age Well’s 2017 March for Meals. Whether through social media, email or face-to-face, it all helps! Follow us on Facebook or Twitter for posts to share or use the samples below to help spread the word.
- Did you know that more than 20,000 Vermont seniors are threatened by hunger? I am proud to support Age Well's #MarchforMeals. Learn more: https://goo.gl/zXEcFo
- I #MarchforMeals with Age Well because 1 in 6 seniors face the threat of hunger. #MealsonWheels is the solution: https://goo.gl/zXEcFo
- l support Age Well & #MealsonWheels – you can too! Learn more: https://goo.gl/zXEcFo
- Give your time & impact a life. Meals on Wheels Volunteers are especially needed right now in Swanton/Highgate, Milton & Vergennes. For more information, visit: https://goo.gl/zjmQix
2. Volunteer – Let's do lunch! Pick up meals at a central location and deliver them to a senior's home. Commit to what works in your schedule, whether it be once a week or once a month. Routes take less than 1/2 an hour to complete.Click here to check out our volunteer page to learn more.
3. Donate – Buy lunch for an aging Vermont. Just $25 is enough to provide a nutritious meal and safety check for an entire week. Click here to make your tax deductible gift, today!
4. Sponsor-A-Route – Are you an area business that wants to make a positive impact on our community? Are you looking to expand your brand awareness through a trusted source? Consider sponsoring a Meals on Wheels route. Cause-marketing benefits accompany each level.