About Age Well:
Age Well is a nonprofit organization that serves Addison, Chittenden, Franklin and Grand Isle counties and is the largest Meals on Wheels provider in Vermont. Our mission is to provide the support and guidance that inspires community to embrace aging with confidence. Since 1974, Age Well has delivered over 9 million meals, provided nutrition and care coordination services to over 50,000 people, and responded to over 250,000 calls through the helpline.
Age Well is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value and are committed to employee health, wellness, and work-life balance. We offer competitive pay and extensive benefits, including generous paid time off, affordable and comprehensive health (combined with an HRA), dental and vision insurances, gym membership, and much more.
Age Well’s Current Career Opportunities:
Case Manager (Franklin County) – Provides hands-on, comprehensive care and resource coordination services for clients aged 60+ or older (as well as caregivers) to assist with fulfilling their daily living needs. This includes developing and overseeing person-centered, customized plans to meet an individual’s needs through care assessment and management. Our Case Managers ensure access to a continuum of care by connecting clients with appropriate, high-quality services in a timely and cost-effective manner. Bachelor's degree required. Experience preferred.
Wellness Benefits Counselor – Ensures access to a continuum of care by connecting clients with appropriate, high-quality services in a timely and cost-effective manner. As part of Age Well’s Case Management team, this person assess eligibility and makes appropriate referrals for public benefits, medication reconciliation and nutrition screening for individuals who are 60+ years of age. This position also includes identifying individuals who may be experiencing substance abuse, depression, self-neglect, or memory loss. The successful candidate will be a supportive and enthusiastic voice for Age Well’s mission. Bachelor’s degree required. Experience preferred.
Associate Director of Development & Communications – provides vision and contributes to all aspects of Age Well's fund development, communications and public relations initiatives. This individual reports directly to the Director of Development and Communications and will also work closely with senior staff and the Board of Directors to increase the impact of the organization’s work. This is an exciting, full-time opportunity to help shape the fundraising and marketing strategy of a rapidly growing and innovative nonprofit organization. Age Well values and is committed to competitive pay and extensive benefits, including generous time off, affordable and comprehensive health insurances, gym membership, and much more. Requirements: Bachelors Degree and 3+ years of nonprofit fundraising/communications experience.
- Manage content flow and day-to-day writing, editing, proofing, and publishing/printing process for internal and external campaigns, including the creation of informational webpages, advertising copy, social media posts, enewsletters (MailChimp), donor solicitations, fundraising event materials, annual reports, blog posts, videos, photos, graphics, presentations, press releases, interviews, testimonials, etc
- Develop a creative and compelling public communication and fundraising strategy that includes print and social/digital media to increase brand awareness and drive contributions
- Strengthen and diversify the organization’s funding stream that includes individual donors, corporate giving, major gifts, special events, grants and government funding
- Ensure the accuracy of our donor database (Raiser’s Edge), including inputting data, running reports, performing maintenance updates, and recognizing donations
- Serve as the staff liaison to the Board of Directors by providing comprehensive fundraising and communications data to guide strategic planning
- Ability to prioritize competing demands while driving a high volume of work forward in a fast-paced environment with adaptability, positive energy, solution-focus, and commitment to excellence
- Inspirational communicator with excellent writing skills and the ability to write in different voices based on audiences, including experience writing articles, grants, opinion pieces, press releases, and social media campaigns
- Ability to collaborate effectively with broad spectrum of staff, volunteers, Board members, donors, elected officials, and broader community to meet goals
- Familiarity with donor database management software (such as Raiser’s Edge)
- Graphic design and website management experience